Wild and Scatter Symbols in Pokie Games
Online pokie games certainly change over time, but two symbols that probably don’t are wild and scatter symbols. Some games contain both symbols, others only one, and some even neither! But most pokies have at least one of these two symbols. When it comes down to it, both can be equally valuable to you, but let’s take a look at how they differ.
What is a scatter symbol?
If you are already an expert in the world of online pokies, you know how these symbols work. If not, you’re probably wondering – what does Scatter even mean? The Scatter definition can vary from pokie to pokie, but one thing usually stays the same, and that is how valuable it is to you.
The main function of a scatterer is to trigger either a free spin function or a bonus game. A scatter usually active, i.e., you must land several of them on a payline at the same time to trigger the feature. Some scatter pokies require 3 or more of the symbols, while others may require only two.
“The main function of a scatter is to trigger free spins or a bonus game.”
Another advantage of a scaler is the actual coin value in the paytable. pokie games with Scatter result in a payout for at least two Scatters up to a maximum of 5 Scatters. However, not all pokies have a scatter symbol with a payout as the result. Therefore, it is important always to check the paytable to avoid disappointment.
What is a wild symbol?
The wild symbol, also considered a wild symbol, is probably the most common game symbol in a pokie, but what exactly does “wild” mean? A wild symbol is another extremely valuable symbol. Its main function is to act for any other symbol to form a winning combination. Wilds, however, are never used as a scatter symbol. Wilds can also make their own combinations to reward you with higher winnings. The main function of a Wild is to act for any other symbol to form winning combinations.
Wild pokies are certainly not difficult to find, and the wild symbol can also vary from pokie to pokie, as newer generation games have different types of wild symbols, each with its own feature. Here are some examples to keep in mind when playing different casino games with wild symbols:
- Shifting Wilds – A Shifting Wild usually appears on the last reel and moves around a square in any direction on the next spin. This often happens until the game falls off the reels on the other side.
- Wandering Wilds – This wild symbol is very similar to a shifting game, although it offers a little more freedom. It can normally appear on any reel and change to another reel during the next spin.
- Sticky Wilds – These symbols can be very useful as they usually offer several chances to win. When you get a Sticky Wild, it usually stays on the reels and gives you another spin. If there are more Sticky Wilds, they will stay on the reels and bring you more spins. This means that a screen filled with Sticky Wild can generate many free spins, resulting in a big, fat purse.
- Trailing Wilds – Because these symbols are often found as part of a bonus feature, Trailing Wilds act exactly as promised! Each spin leaves a trail of Wilds that will drive your winnings up.
- Expanding Wilds – Probably the most valuable of all is an expanding game! Some Wilds begin as a normal symbol, but when they appear on a roller, the roller expands, and the entire roller fills with Wilds. In some games, this can happen on any active reel. So if you land an Expanding Wild symbol on reels 1, 2 and 3, you are guaranteed a big win.
Pokie Games with Scatter Symbols
As I said before, it is not difficult to find a game that contains scatter symbols. In fact, some of the best-known games in the industry have them, including Microgaming’s Immortal Romance pokie for example. Obtaining 5 scatter symbols or 5 wild symbols is one of the hardest achievements you can make in this game. Remember, however, that nothing is impossible. Patience can definitely pay off in this game.
Other games include Quickspin’s Divine Dreams pokie, Turn Your Fortune pokie, and NetEnt’s Dead or Alive pokie, which is known for its 5 scatter and huge payouts!
A few last words
With what has just been said, there is, in any case, a clear difference between these two symbols. Anyone can be extremely advantageous to you, but one without the other is also fine! It is important that you familiarize yourself with the rules of the game and the value of the symbols, and this can best be done via the payout table. We wish you a lot of fun with your pokie game and a lot of Scatter and Wild symbols!
The Scatter Symbol Strategy
To maximize your chances of winning, when playing at a new pokie machine, you should first find out the appearance of the scatter icon. You can go one step further by finding out how many scatter symbols can appear in each pokie and how likely they are to come to a halt.
The special thing about scatter symbols is that they don’t necessarily depend on the situation. Therefore, the scatter symbols do not have to stop along a pay-line to lead to a bonus or free spins. In the meantime, numerous strategies have been established to play in real money mode until the scatter symbols appear. According to one strategy, after approximately 130-150 games, enough scatter symbols come to a standstill to enter the free spins. Depending on the number of scatter symbols, fixed winnings are paid to your Stargames account. Alternatively, a multiplier is assigned depending on the number of scatter symbols that have occurred. The multiplier is then immediately multiplied by the round prize, and the prize is credited to your account.